Services for Online Students
Finding Articles for Research
Navigating the EBSCO E-Book Platform
Navigating the SpringerLink E-Book Platform
Electronic Reference Resources
Additional Reference Resources for Education
Kanopy Streaming Video
The videos below offer an introduction to Booth Library as well as instruction on how to access services and materials. Please review these items to better understand the basics of our library services.
Use your EIU NetID and password (same login as for D2L) for remote access to library resources.
All the materials in the Ballenger Teachers Center and Booth Library including, books, curriculum materials, and kits can be delivered to you by mail.
Distance Education Book Request
Articles from our print journals will be emailed to you.
Distance Education Article Request
For more information about returning books as well as eligibility for this service, please see the Distance Education Loan Policy.
To renew items, use your I-Share Account.
About Your Library Number
Your library ID number is located in the lower right corner of your Panther Card or Student I.D. Card (14 digits beginning with 2 2211 0____ ____).
Another way to find your library number is Library ID Lookup.
For resources that are not available at Booth Library, you may borrow materials from other college and university libraries in Illinois by submitting a request in I-Share.
List of I-Share Libraries and Map
You can also have these materials delivered to any I-Share location by choosing a pick-up library from the dropdown menu when placing your request. [view screenshot]
For resources that are not available through I-Share, use an Interlibrary Loan request form.
Items requested through Interlibrary Loan will be shipped to Booth Library by the lending library. We will then mail the item directly to you. ILL items can be returned at any I-Share location.
Items requested through Interlibrary Loan will be shipped to Booth Library by the lending library. We will then mail the item to you, along with an address label for the item's return to the Booth Library ILL Dept.
Please allow enough time for us to ship the item back to the lending library before its due date. You may need to request an extension of the loan period in order to avoid incurring overdue fines.
For more information:
Services for Off-Campus Students
Online Students Library Resources Guide
Booth Library FAQ
If you have questions about your library account, call:
For Interlibrary Loan concerns, call:
Before being able to view your results, you will be asked to provide your EIU NetID and Password.
You can search for books inside each database using the search box below. First, select either Spring or EBSCO. Then conduct your search. For tips on navigating either e-book platform please see below.
E-Books in EBSCO are typically only available for one patron to view at a time. Sometimes we do offer titles for three simultaneous users.
To access e-books in EBSCO:
1. Select EBSCO.
2. Type in your search term (for example: curriculum)
3. Click Go.
4. Narrow results. Like in SpringerLink, you can narrow your results using the facets on the left. In EBSCO, you can limit your results by Subject.
5. If you don't see a Subject of interest, click on Show More.
6. To access a book, click on the title. You can then click on either the PDF or ePub full text to browse online. Or, you can download. Look where it says concurrent user level to see how many simultaneous users the books can support.
Books in SpringerLink are available to multiple users simultaneously. You can download single chapters or complete books.
To access e-books in SpringerLink:
1. Select the Springer button
2. Type in your search term ("classroom management", for example)
3. Click Go.
4. Narrow results. In SpringerLink, you can narrow your results using the Discipline or Subdiscipline facets on the left side of your search results.
5. If you don't see the discipline that interests you. Click on See All. You can then browse all the Disciplines or Subdisciplines.
1. Click on the image below:
2. You will need to type Education into the Topic Finder search bar.
3. Select your topic of interest. Article titles will display in the box to the right. You can then browse and click on titles of interest to see the full article.
If you need a photocopy of a reference article we own in print, please request it using the Distance Education Article Request.
To browse the full list, click on the picture below to view the collection. Once you are in Kanopy, you can also perform a more specific search:
Ballenger Teacher Center (BTC) Coordinator
Subject Specialist for Education, Counseling, and Student Development
BTC Phone: 217-581-8442
Office Phone (voicemail): 217-581-6099