• encyclopedic resource with subject entries, biographies, images, bibliographies
• access to Grove Art Online as well as The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, The Oxford Companion to Western Art
• bibliographic citations and summaries for journal articles published back to 1984 (some full-text, some peer-reviewed)
• cross-searchable with other EBSCO databases such as Academic Search Complete and Humanities International Complete
JSTOR and Project Muse
• full-text, scholarly, peer-reviewed
To find out which issues of a particular journal are available (in print or online) at Booth Library, search the Periodicals List by journal title.
Browse the list of Art, Architecture & Applied Arts e-journals.
|Digital art||Computer art|
|Graphic design||Commercial art, Graphic arts|
|Typography||Graphic design (Typography), Type and type-founding|
|N||visual art (general)|
|NC||drawing / illustration / graphic arts|
|NX||"The Arts" (inter/multidisciplinary)|
Most art books are located on the 4000 Level. (view floor plan with call numbers)
Books taller than 36 centimeters (14 inches) are usually located in the Oversize collection on 2000 Level, South.
Bound volumes of print journals are located in the Periodicals movable shelving section on 1000 Level, South.
Ask for current issues at the Circulation Desk (3000 Level, South).
Related areas of interest:
Note on location:
• Most comics/graphic novels are shelved in the GraFX collection (1000 Level, Atrium). Books about comics/graphic novels can be found nearby in the circulating stacks on 1000 Level, North.
• The other above listed call number ranges are on 1000 Level, South.
Associate Professor of Library Services
ekcorrigan -at- eiu.edu
Ask a Reference Librarian