These video tutorials are intended to help you use the library collection and services for your research, including locating sources (books, articles, and online encyclopedia entries) and obtaining research assistance from the librarians. Fo immediate help, use our 24/7 chat service, call 217-581-6072, or email.
The videos below offer an introduction to Booth Library as well as instruction on how to access services and materials. Please review these items to better understand the basics of our library services.
Included here are:
- 1. Introduction to the library for online students
- 2. How to access library resources from off-campus
- 3. How to find books
- 4. How to find and access e-books
- 5. How to have books delivered
- 6. How to use I-Share
- 7. How to use Interlibrary loan
- 8. How to get help
A Citation Guide to the Chicago Manual of Style (CMoS) developed by the EIU History faculty : Part 1 - Notes, Part 2 - Bibliography
Chicago Manual of Style : The CMoS website
Citation Styles : A List of style guides (APA, MLA, ASA, CMoS, CSE) available at Booth Library
- How to Evaluate your Article Search Results in 5 Minutes
Need to search for magazine or journal articles? This guide provides quick tips on evaluating your search hits and judging whether the articles are appropriate for your topic.
- How to read a journal article
Suggestions for how to read and critically evaluate the contents of a scholarly journal article
- Peer Review :: Is this article peer reviewed?
- Pro-Con Arguments: finding both sides of the issue
- Research Helpers
This guide provides basic information about different reference resources and how to use them.
- Online Students - Library Resources
Describes the library services available for online students, adult education, cohorts, off-campus students, and distance learners.
- Scholarly Monographs
A guide on how to identify a scholarly monograph in the Booth Library stacks
- Surveys: finding sample questionaires, tests and surveys