APA - American Psychological Association
- APA Style Guide
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th edition, 2010
call number: BF76.7 .P83 2010
ASA - American Sociological Association
- "ASA Lite" from docstyles.com
- American Sociological Association Style Guide, 4th edition, 2010
call number: HM569 .A54 2010
CMoS - Chicago Manual of Style
- CMoS Style Guide on the Web
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations : Chicago Style for Students and Researchers / Turabian, et al. 8th edition, 2013
call number: LB2369 .T8 2013
- Chicago Style guide from the OWL
- EIU History department citation guide for History papers, part I, notes
- EIU History department citation guide for History papers, part II, bibliography
CSE - Council of Science Editors Style
- CSE Style Guide (pdf)
- CSE Style guide from UNC Libraries
- CSE Style Guide from OSU Libraries
- Scientific style and format : the CSE manual for authors, editors and publishers / Style manual committee, Council of Science Editors, 7th edition, 2006
call number: T11 .S386 2006
MLA - Modern Language Association
- Booth Library Guides: MLA Style Guide
- MLA Handbook for writers of research papers, 8th edition, 2016
call number: LB2369 G53 2016
- Writing Center handout on the New (8th ed.) MLA Style
The Bluebook: a uniform system of citation
Reference Desk - Non-Circulating - 3000 Level
KF245 .B58 2015x
User's Guide to the Bluebook
Reference Room Non-Circulating - 3000 Level
KF245 .D853 1996
"A few notes on citing legal documents " Dr. Zachary Wolfe, GWU
Professor Wolfe's YouTube screencast on citing legal documents:
-OWL: Purdue University Online Writing Lab
Resource developed by Purdue University that offers many free writing resources. Topics covered include Research, Style Guides, Professional Writing and Sample Papers.
Information from the book
Research and Documentation Online 5th edition.
By Diana Hacker and Barbara Fister.
Provides source suggestions by subject including databases, web sources and reference material. Booth Library does not have access to all the databases mentioned.
Cite it Right: The SourceAid guide to citation, research and avoiding plagiarism co-authors Tom Fox, Julia Johns, Sarah Keller. 2007.
call number: PN171 .F56 .F69 2007x
Composing Science: A facilitator's guide to writing in the science classroom. Leslie Atkins Elliot, Kim Jaxon, and Irene Salter, 2016
call number: T11 .E39 2016
The Writing Center at EIU provides consultants that will work with you at any stage of the writing process.
Stop in to make an appointment or attend a training workshop.
For assistance, please contact:
The Writing Center
3110 Coleman Hall