- Research help is available by phone at 217-581-6072
- Ask a Librarian provides help via email and online chat
- Specialized research assistance is provided by Subject Librarians
- Your EIU NetID and password give you access to online articles, ebooks, and image databases
- Books can be mailed to your home at your request
- Articles can be emailed to you at your request
- A Continuing Education ID card or Panther Card is required to request books and articles from other libraries
- The Continuing Education ID card or Panther Card can be used to check or materials in person at other I-Share libraries.
Starting July 2016, new Continuing Education students should receive a Continuing Education ID card in the mail within the first few weeks of enrollment. If you do not have a Continuing Education ID card or a Panther Card, please contact the Panther Card Office.
A unique Library ID Number is printed on each Continuing Education ID card and Panther Card. This number starts with 222110. If you were issued a card you can look up your Library ID number.
A Library ID number is required for the following services:
- Set up the "My Account" feature in the Booth Library Catalog and I-Share
- Check out materials at a distance and have them sent to your home or office (if outside Coles County)
- Interlibrary loan services (request materials from other libraries)
- Check out ebooks, audio books, or streaming video from MyMediaMall
- Check out materials in person at Booth Library and nearly 100 other academic libraries in Illinois. Continuing Education ID card holders are required to present a photo ID to check out materials in person.