Online students have access to all resources and services that the library provides, including:
- Research help is available by phone at 217-581-6072
- Ask a Librarian provides help via email and online chat
- Specialized research assistance is provided by Subject Librarians
- Your EIU NetID and password give you access to online articles, ebooks, and image databases
- Books can be mailed to your home at your request
- Articles can be emailed to you at your request
- A Continuing Education ID card or Panther Card is required to request books and articles from other libraries
- The Continuing Education ID card or Panther Card can be used to check or materials in person at other I-Share libraries.
The videos below offer an introduction to Booth Library as well as instruction on how to access services and materials. Please review these items to better understand the basics of our library services.
Included here are:
- 1. Introduction to the library for online students
- 2. How to access library resources from off-campus
- 3. How to find books
- 4. How to find and access e-books
- 5. How to have books delivered
- 6. How to use I-Share
- 7. How to use Interlibrary loan
- 8. How to get help
How do I get a Panther Card?
Visit the Panther Card Office located in the Student Services Building or call them at 581-6596. All on-campus students, staff, and faculty are expected to obtain a Panther Card.
How do I get a student I.D. card if I am a continuing education student?
Once admitted to the EIU Continuing Education Online or Off-Campus Program, your registration for classes will trigger the production of your EIU I.D. You should receive your card in 5-7 business days. Call the Continuing Education office to request a Panther Card.