Working on a thesis? We can help!Do you have questions about resources and strategies to help you find all the relevant research?
Do you feel confident that your review of the scholarly literature is as thorough as it could be?
Are you happy with the format and accuracy of the works you cite?
Your friends at Booth Library will gladly meet with you to help make your thesis the best it can be.
Why should you make an appointment with a reference librarian?
- Library faculty have expertise in your field of study.
- We know what library resources are available on your particular thesis topic.
- We can help you find the BEST sources for your research.
- We will help you locate helpful research from throughout the world.
- We can provide advice on the proper way to cite sources.
- Let’s get started! Make an appointment with a librarian today!
For the Master's Thesis manual and additional information about the preparation and submission of your thesis, see the Graduate School's thesis and research page.
Completed master’s theses should be brought to Booth Library’s Circulation desk for bindery processing. For assistance, call 217-581-6071.
Thesis Research 101 seminarsThree sequenbtial seminars on doing research for a thesis are offered each semester. Contact the library for information on dates and times.
1. Researching the Literature
2. Citation Management software
3. Preparing your Thesis
Resources from previous seminars are included below.